Once Upon A Time, there lived a girl named Meleah, who loved her blog so very much. Except that she never has the time to update it because she’s still very busy, and has been, for the past Eleven Weeks, in a row, while holed up in a tiny corner of her house working on a novel that’s probably not going to be close to finished until 2014, if she’s lucky.
And speaking of her novel, Meleah simply cannot answer this question anymore. So here’s her blanket reply:
Random Person: What’s your book about?
Meleah: A young girl’s strange and erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. The lead characters name is Rochelle, Rochelle.
Random Person: Really?
Meleah: No. It’s just a coffee table book, about coffee tables.
And…there you have it.
[I’d be nothing without my endless references to Seinfeld.]
In other news, Meleah has agreed to join forces with two of her dearest blogging pals, Michael and Ziva and will be participating in a 30-Day-Photo-Challenge. So you can look forward to DAILY UPDATES starting on April 1st. And even though Meleah is not a good photographer by any stretch of the imagination, and lacks the talent both Michael and Ziva possess, Meleah thinks it will just be a fun thing that uses a different part of her brain than writing. This way Meleah can keep up with her blog, AND, still work on her novel. Right?
On another totally unrelated note, Meleah thought since it’s been such a long time since she updated her blog, she would give you an inside look into some of her strange quirks. Yes?
As most of you already know, Meleah spends most of her time inside her pretty purple bedroom, wearing pajamas, reading blogs, smoking Newport 100’s, drinking coffee, and excessively ‘liking’ other people’s updates on Facebook. She is a dedicated mother, daughter, and friend. She enjoys the role of Family Historian/Paparazzi, making movies, and playing games such as: Golf, Words With Friends, and Bejeweled Blitz. She also has unjustifiable fears with respects to Fires, and Bridges, and Spiders, and Heights, and Airplanes, and Needles. She has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. And she really loves to clean.
But there are some things you might NOT know about Meleah.
Like how she is known as ‘Opposite Girl’ by her friends and family members.
And here are the Top Ten Reasons why.
1. Coffee makes her sleepy and Benadryl makes her hyper.
2. She’s awake all Night and she sleeps all Day.
3. She keeps the windows OPEN in the Winter. And she keeps them CLOSED in the Summer.
4. She’s allergic to almost every type of food in the world EXCEPT for Dairy Products and Shellfish.
5. Meleah ventured out into the Real World at the age of 13, only to move back home, with her parents, at the age of 34. And most people do that in reverse.
6. She sleeps with her feet OUTSIDE of the covers, but her shoulders have to be INSIDE the covers.
7. Dayquil knocks her out. And Nyquil keeps her up.
8. She calls herself a writer but she doesn’t read very much, she can’t spell very well, and she hasn’t got a clue when it comes to grammar.
9. When she was young people told her she had an old soul. And now that she’s old people tell her she has a young soul.
10. Meleah couldn’t think of another thing that makes her opposite from the rest of the world, but she can’t have a Top 9 List, because that would drive her insane, so here is a Bonus Fun Fact: Meleah actually likes watching Television in Real Time with Commercials.
Meleah has always known she’s little different from everyone else. But after writing this list, she thinks maybe she’s a LOT different from everyone else.
Now if you’ll please excuse her, she’s got a book to write and photographs to take.
If you liked my post, feel free to subscribe to my rss feeds