My Week(s) In Review – Aunt Bea, OCDWITHME, Hate Tiffany, and Why I’ve Been MIA – Edition

Um… this is a two-week, catch-up, blog-post – * special edition version * – because I missed last week. There’s a shit-ton of information crammed in here. If you’re willing to read this whole saga, may I suggest grabbing an alcoholic beverage, or a cup of coffee, cuz you might be here for a while. Proceed at your own risk. That is all.

Monday: I did NOT clean, or launder, or change the sheets, or take out the trash. Nope! Instead, I went with my mother to start emptying my recently deceased Aunt Bea’s house. Now that I’ve been behind closed doors, I have SO MUCH to write. But I cannot begin to translate her story, properly, with just a little blip – that would be an injustice to such an incredible woman. So y’all are just going to have to wait for the “Most-Epic-Aunt-Bea Post” – coming soon, hopefully, within the next month. In the meantime, here is a sneak peek inside of her basement, filled with rolling racks of St Johns & Gucci clothing.


Tuesday: was all business. I went to the bank. I stocked up on paper products and cleaning supplies from Walmart. And then I went to therapy. I had a really heavy session mostly discussing my self-esteem and lack of self-confidence. My therapist helped me identify a few core issues and that’s what we’re going to be focusing on for the next few weeks.

Wednesday: (the fourth of July) I spent the holiday, with Tom Cruise! I ate pizza and watched Mission Impossible: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!! Pure escapism at it’s best!

Thursday: I ordered groceries, paid all of the bills, and followed up with some potential OCDWITHME clients. That evening my bestical, Tiffany, came over to do my hair. And there is NOTHING BETTER than getting a BRAND-NEW-FRESH-SET of extensions! We started at 7pm but we kept taking so many breaks; laughing and gossiping, she ended up staying until 4 o’clock in the morning! If you would like to see more of her work or book an appointment for a consultation please click the link for her website here: HATE TIFFANY!


Friday: after I unloaded the groceries, I realized I hadn’t slept more than 2-3 hours per night all week and decided to close my eyes – but not before my son received his college diploma in the mail! I am sofa king proud of Justin!



Saturday: I woke up feeling like a million bucks. I went with my son and his two buddies, Noah & Omar, to Kurt’s 47th birthday bash. I am so grateful Kurtis and I have such a good relationship after co-parenting for the past 22 years. And I REALLY love his wife, Michelle. She cracks me the hell up. And she’s been nothing short of incredible toward my son. She loves Justin as if he was her own. And I am obsessed with their two children Christopher & Regan. And that is priceless. #familyforever



Sadly, that very evening, I went to get cigarettes from my local WaWa and I ran into my ex-boyfriend for the 1st time in five months. AND IT WAS AWFUL. FUCKING. AWFUL. It was bound to happen, considering he lives FIVE FEET from my condo, but it could not have been worse. I am not going to get into specifics; so let’s just say it sent me reeling back into my dreadful depression. And I stayed in bed, fetal position, crying uncontrollably, for three days. THREE. DAYS. Legit paralyzed.

When the following Tuesday rolled around, I wasn’t even sure what day it was. I had a million missed calls/texts/emails/facebook messages ect… But oddly? That made me feel better. Like I wasn’t as alone as I thought I was. People reached out with totally-super-supportive messages and that gave me the strength to peel my greasy head off my sweaty tear-stained sheets. I finally took a hot shower and found a way to rejoin society again.


Wednesday: after a visit with THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE UNIVERSE, otherwise known as Dr. Gendy, I realized I missed cleaning my house TWO MONDAYS IN A ROW. AND OMG! WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE! GERMS! ARE! EVERYWHRE! So, obviously, my OCD kicked into overdrive and I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned, FOR FIVE HOURS, IN. A. ROW. #psycho. And then I forced myself to get the fuck OUT of the house and socialize with human beings. So I went to my favorite place otherwise known as KHCC and gossiped with the bartender, manager, and golf members. And it was wonderful.


Thursday: one of my best friends, Amy, picked me up at 9am and we met my mother at Aunt Bea’s house for ‘Round Two’ of clearing out the basement. We successfully removed all of the furs, jewelry, and our ‘Top Picks’ from the rolling racks of clothes.

We hauled over 60 contractor bags out of the basement and into Amy’s ‘BEAST TRUCK.’ And then we dismantled one of the rolling racks to bring back to my mother’s house to store all of this stuff! After unloading everything back at my mother’s house, we were sweating, shaking, and STARVING! Neither one of us had eaten all day and immediately headed to Escondido’s Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar for some much needed margaritas and appetizers! And it was awesome.

Playing with Aunt Bea’s Fur Coats!


Friday: I did all things ‘motherly’ like laundering and pressing my son’s white & black work shirts and spent the rest of the day cooking while singing in the kitchen.

Saturday: My cousin Shelly came to see my condo and took me out for dinner and drinks at The Sycamore Grille at Knob Hill Country Club. We laughed, we ate, we drank, and we had a total blast. Afterwards we went to my parents house to see my brother Lee, and his tribe, otherwise known as The Colonna Kids: Jackson, Zabryn, Sullivan, and Scarlet.

The Colonna Kids!


Sunday: I slept in! And then I wrote this blog post.

And that’s a wrap.
See you next week, folks!




About Meleah

Mother. Writer. Television Junkie. Pajama Jean Enthusiast.
This entry was posted in Cooking, Drama Drama, Family, Friends, JCH quotes, KHCC, Links, Love, Motherhood, OCDWITHME, Photos, Single Life, Work. Bookmark the permalink.